Thursday, January 28, 2010

Robert Frost

I read several of Robert Frost’s poems and kept seeing a common thread, nature. It is easy to see how much nature meant to this poet. I especially enjoyed reading, “ The Need of Being Versed in Country Things.” The description of the chimney standing after the house had burned down was exceptional. Who would think of a pistal of a flower after the petals fall off, being compared to a lonely chimney after the house is gone. I thought that was a perfect description. This poem made me think of the old barn my family owned. I remember the old barn with it’s rustic personality. The boards were so worn and old. Sometimes I would just stand there and think about what life was like when it was first built. Then one day it was knocked down. It was not the “will of the wind,” but the will of man that brought down our family barn.


No comments:

Post a Comment